HW 1.1 Implementing and Reflecting on My Literacy Practices
|Learning Outcome||Pedagogical Intent||Student Position|
Demonstrate how culture affects language development and academic achievement.
Assessment: 50 pts.
Due: Session 2
Teachers can reflect on the learning activities in the session and explore ways to integrate the modeled strategies and content into their own pedagogy.
Teachers have participated in the first session of the ESL endorsement. They are now ready to reflect on the activities of the session and find ways to incorporate them into their own teaching.
- At the end of each session the facilitator will assign the participants to write in their journal addressing several questions. The journal will be turned in on the final session for the facilitator to review. The journal may also be used during group discussions on the following week.Bring your journal with you to class each week as youmay be asked to refer to them during group discussions.
- Each week, you are asked to incorporate something from your learning that week into your practice and then reflect on how it went.For this first week, consider something you incorporated into your practice from the assessment class you took prior to this course. Answer the following questions:
- Think of the action you took. Describe it.
- What event either before, during, or after your action sticks in your mind? Write the details.
- What did you learn, unlearn, and relearn from this experience?
- What are the next steps you will take in your practice?
End-of-Chapter Survey: How would you rate the overall quality of this chapter?
- Very Low Quality
- Low Quality
- Moderate Quality
- High Quality
- Very High Quality