Students have completed the Assessment for Linguistically Diverse Students course and are now in a position to determine their next steps in the area of assessing diverse students.
Assessment: 25 pts.
TA: 15 Minutes
Teachers can provide better access to curriculum by using appropriate assessments for linguistically diverse students in their classrooms.
Students have completed the Assessment for Linguistically Diverse Students course and are now ready to make a commitment to changes they will make from today forward to be sure they give all students the opportunity to participate in future assessments in their classrooms.
1. The facilitator will provide each student with an 8 1/2 by 11 cardstock paper and markers to use for their poster.
2. Reflect and think about the ways in which you think you will change your assessment practices. Make a commitment for what change you will make. Write a phrase or sentence that articulates that commitment.
3. On the 8 1/2 by 11 inch cardstack paper, you will use language or graphics to communicate your commitment. This should be something you can commit to right now in your career.
4. Make sure what you have written will be visible to everyone.You will have 5 minutes to design and construct your commitment poster.
5. The facilitator will shout out each person’s name, and they will stand, hold the poster above their heads, and shout out their commitment.
This content is provided to you freely by BYU Open Learning Network.
Access it online or download it at https://open.byu.edu/diverse_assessment/la_8.3.