LA 3.5 Assessment as a Context for Teaching and Learning
Sharing Your Understanding of Assessment for Learning
Understand issues of assessment and accommodation using an asset-based approach.
Assessment: 25 pts.
TA: 20 Minutes
Teachers can attend to academic language in assessment.
Students have read chapter 2 in the Gottlieb book. They have learned about academic language and they are now ready to talk about academic language in assessment.
- The facilitator will assign each group a question from the reading guide you completed for Gottlieb Chapter 2: Assessment as a Context for Teaching and Learning.
- Working as a group review and discuss your answers.
- Based on your answers and your discussion, work as a group to create a poster that communicates your understandings based on the question.
- Hang your poster in the area assigned by the facilitator.
- Engage in a gallery walk by reviewing the posters. As you stroll and interact with your classmates, take notes about what you want to remember, new understandings, or ideas for your own teaching.
- After the gallery walk, the facilitator will ask five students to make a statement about how they can use assessment to teach and to promote student learning.