Demonstrate knowledge and use of a variety of on-going, classroom-based assessments adapted to student needs.
Assessment: 50 pts.
Due: Session 6
Teachers can select and plan for informal authentic assessment to meet their instructional goals and to promote student engagement and learning.
Students are learning about the use of alternative assessment and will selecta video to watch, noting how the teacher utilizes various kinds of authentic assessment in instruction.
1. Your facilitator will give you information regarding how to access an Assessment Literacy Case. You will find the VideoEthnotraphy at Tell Cases under the assessment course. Your facilitator will provide you with information about how to log in.
2. You have already studied Portfolio Assessment. Each person in your group will select a different Videoethnography: Authentic assessment, Problem-Based assessment, Performance Asessment, Informal assessment.
3. You will use Worksheet. Assessment Case to capture your learning from viewing the case.
4. Then you will fill use the Alternative Assessment Analysis form answering questions about the assessment study you viewed. Notice there are two pages to this analysis form, you will use the first one to analyze the alternative assessment you studied. In class in LA 5.1 you will share your understanding about your assessment in a jigsaw with others in your class. In class you will fill in the second page informed by those in your class that watched a different case. You will use the Assessment Literacy Tool and the Second Language Acquisition tool to support you in answering the following questions about the Assessment
5. Be prepared in class to report your findings about your case based on your answers in the Alternative Assessment Analysis form.You will use the table on the second page during class to summarize the reports others provide about the assessment they observed.
6.Bring these two worksheets with you to session 5 as you will need them in a learning activity.
This content is provided to you freely by BYU Open Learning Network.
Access it online or download it at https://open.byu.edu/diverse_assessment/HW_4.4.