HW 6.1: Teacher Reflection
Rethinking My Practice and Trying out New Ideas
Understand and apply knowledge of how cultural identities impact language learning and school success by creating an environment that is inclusive of all students.
Assessment: 50 pts.
Due: Session 7
|Teachers can reflect on the learning activities in the session and explore ways to integrate the modeled strategies and content into their own pedagogy
Teachers have participated in the sixth session of the ESL endorsement. They are now ready to reflect on the activities of the session and find ways to incorporate them into their own teaching.
- As you think about your teaching this week consider the following questions:
- What are the three critical learning domains? What evidence do you see in your teaching that you are attending to all three. Which seem to be strong and which seem to be weak?
- Which of the five Standards for Effective Pedagogy are you most familiar with and which are most evident in your classroom? Which seem to need your attention and what can you do to increase the use of the standard?
- What action did you take after this session in your practice or how did your change in thinking impact your beliefs. Begin with your experience, your wonder (questions) or the new idea that lead to your change and then include each of the elements of the Reflection Model: personal voice (I), description of an experience, link to knowledge, questions raised. Allow yourself to reveal your emotion. Review the documents linked to support you in your reflection.
- Some helps include thinking about what event either before, during, or after some action you took in teaching sticks in your mind. Think about based on this session --What did you learn, unlearn, and relearn this week?
- Be sure to submit to your facilitator through e-mail or the course management system.
- REMEMBER: In HW 1. 5 you reviewed the guidelines for the final project. As you reflect this week, did you have an aha about one of the characteristics of Inclusive Pedagogy? If so remember to save the artifact and your explantion so that it will be available when you construct your final portfolio.